Model courseN-1Observation Water gate and Deep sea fish of Suruga Bay
- North Izu Area - Numazu city
- Geological age
- The stratum of the newest era formed about 18,000 years ago to the present
- Start: ShinsenkanWater gate "View-O"Seri Market INOHarbor dining streetDeep Blue AquariumShinsenkan：goal
- Walk about 1.5 km (cumulative altitude 0m)
- Time required
- About two and a half hours
- Meeting place
- Shinsenkan Entrance lobby
Dismissing：Shinsenkan Entrance lobby
At Numazu Port there is a big Water gate as a disaster prevention facility to prevent the tsunami caused by Tokai Earthquake. Flood gates are 30 meters high. From the Viewing deck, you can see Mt.Ashitaka in the north, Mt.Hakone in the east, Mt.Amagi in the south and Suruga Bay in the west. To the east of town area there is the Numazu Alps and the Kano River. Numazu Port has some exhibition facilities where deep-sea fish brought from Suruga Bay, the deepest bay in Japan can be seen.
There are many fresh fish and other items.
Water gate "View-O"
Water gate View-O was built to protect 50-ha area behind Numazu Port and its 9,000 inhabitants from a large tsunami that comes rushing through the route connecting the inner part and the outer part of the port.
From the viewing deck, you can enjoy a 360 degree view of Mt.Ashitaka, Mt.Fuji, the Southern Alps, Hakone mountain range, the Numazu Alps, Cape Osezaki, etc.
Seri Market INO
Complex facilities where market functions like a selling and a handling places and tourist elements such as visitor's aisle, observation deck, dining room, etc. are combined.
Harbor dining street
A restaurant district where you can enjoy fresh seafood directly coming from Numazu Port
Deep Blue Aquarium
Rare creatures collected in Suruga Bay are exhibited.
- Entry fee
- Adult: 3,000yen Elementary and middle school student: 1,500 yen
Entry fee for View-O and Deep Blue Aquarium is included.
- Number of participants
- 2 to 10 people
- Please reserve one week in advance.
- What to wear and bring
- Walking clothes and footwear, hat, rain gear, drinks, etc.
- Canceled in case of heavy rain or storm
Please confirm about "Cancellation Policy".
- Izu Peninsula Geo Guide Association