Model courseN-2Look at the sand spit protruding in Suruga Bay and the cross section of a volcano
- North Izu Area - Numazu city
- Geological age
- About 800,000 to 400,000 years ago, the ejecta of the Osezaki Volcano which erupted on land. The accumulation of gravel carried by the ocean current formed the topography of sand spit.
- Start: Osezaki Parking lotOsezaki ShrineKami Ike PondOsezaki South ConduitParking lotOsezaki Entrance Observatory：goal
- Walk about 3km (cumulative altitude 70m)
- Time required
- About 2 hours
- Meeting place
- Osezaki Parking lot (chargeable)
Dismissing：Osezaki entrance observatory
Cape Osezaki protruding in Suruga Bay is a sand spit created by rocks and sand carried by the ocean current along the Izu Peninsula coast. There is a freshwater Kami Ike pond at the tip of the sandbank and it is said to be one of the seven wonders of Izu. The big juniper tree, whose estimated age is over 1000 years, has endured a harsh environment and many tsunamis. On the south coast of the cape, you will observe the stacked stratum of lava flowed from Osezaki Volcano.
Start: Osezaki Parking lot
There is an unattended pay parking lot near the coast.
Osezaki Shrine, a symbol of the fishermen's faith in Suruga Bay, is known as the guardian of the sea.
Kami Ike Pond
At the tip of Cape Osezaki there is a pond called Kami Ike Pond. This pond is a freshwater pond in the immediate vicinity of the sea, but it is unknown why freshwater springs here.
Osezaki South Conduit
On the west coast, you can observe the accumulation of lava that flowed from Osezaki Volcano and the cross section of Osezaki South Conduit.
Osezaki Entrance Observatory
Cape Osezaki protruding in Suruga Bay is a sand spit formed by rocks, earth and sand carried by the ocean current along the coast.
- Entry fee
- Adult: 2,500yen Elementary and middle school student: 1,250 yen
- Number of participants
- 2 to 10 people
- Please reserve one week in advance.
- What to wear and bring
- Walking clothes and footwear, hat, rain gear, drinks, etc.
- Canceled in case of heavy rain or storm
Cancellation on the day will be fully charged.
- Izu Peninsula Geo Guide Association