Model courseS-2Great but unknown view in the Izu Peninsula!! Senjojiki Tour of Iruma
- South Izu Area - Minami Izu town
- Geological age
- The ejecta of the submarine volcano erupted in the shallow seabed about 10 to 2 million years ago and the intrusive dikes.
- Start: Iruma Fishing Port parkingMinami Izu TrailForest roadSenjojikiIruma Fishing Port：goal
- Walk about 6km (cumulative altitude 380m)
- Time required
- About 3 hours
- Hiking (on rocky ground) For a good walker
- Meeting place
- Iruma Fishing Port parking
Dismissing：Iruma Fishing Port parking
This tour will offer you an exciting adventure to explorer the mystery region in the Izu Peninsula. Senjojiki (literally means "as vast as 1,000 tatami mats can be spread") in Iruma is a large scaled wave-cut terrace, where you can see the traces of quarrying out Izu stones.
Start: Iruma Fishing Port
Entrance to Cape Mitsuishi
Parking lot is available (charged during the season)
A 40-minute walk from the port of Iruma will take you to Senjojiki. It is a mysterious place with a beautiful stratum of volcanic ash and pumice stones which once had been piled up on the ocean floor spreading out.
On the cliffs of Cape Mitsuishi you will see the dikes, a trace of magma rising from the deep underground and breaking through the strata of the white volcanic ash. They have created a breathtakingly powerful landscape.
- Entry fee
- Adult: 2,500yen Elementary and middle school student: 1,250 yen
- Number of participants
- 2 to 10 people
- Please reserve one week in advance.
- What to wear and bring
- Walking clothes, footwear (for walking on rocky ground), hat, rain gear, drinks, etc.
- Canceled in case of heavy rain or storm
Closed during the summer vacation
Please confirm about "Cancellation Policy".
- Izu Peninsula Geo Guide Association