Model courseM-2Mt.Hachikubo trekking
- Middle Izu Area - Izu city
- Geological age
- One of the monogenetic volcanoes belonging to the Izu Tobu Volcanic group which erupted about 17,000 years ago.
- Start: Amagi Visitor CenterMt.HachikuboAmagi Visitor Center：goal
- Walk about 4.4km (cumulative altitude 360m)
- Time required
- About 4 hours
- Light climbing (for a good walker)
- Meeting place
- Amagi Visitor Center
Dismissing：Amagi Visitor Center
Through this mini trekking, you will surely come to recognize that Mt.Hachikubo is in fact a volcano.
Start: Amagi Visitor Center
We will meet at Amagi visitor center which is set up in "Showa no Mori Kaikan" at Road Station "Amagi Goe".
Scoria Layer Outcrop
You can see the outcrop of scoria (low-viscosity lava splash) layers that were piled up at the foot of Mt.Hachikubo.
Maruyama Lava Flow
We will see the traces of the lava flowed from Mt.Maruyama which was active at the same time as Mt.Hachikubo.
You will enter the crater of the beautiful scoria hill erupted about 17,000 years ago.
When weather is blessed, you can get panoramic views of Mt.Fuji, the Southern Alps and the mountain ranges of West Amagi.
- Entry fee
- Adult: 2,000yen Elementary and middle school student: 1,000 yen
- Number of participants
- 2 to 10 people
- Please reserve one week in advance.
- What to wear and bring
- Walking clothes, footwear (for walking on rocky ground), hat, rain gear, drinks, etc.
- Canceled in case of heavy rain or storm
Please confirm about "Cancellation Policy".
- Izu Peninsula Geo Guide Association