Model courseS-3Kawazu Nanadaru, Seven Waterfalls Tour
- South Izu Area - Kawazu town
- Geological age
- A valley made by a lava flow from Noboriominami Volcano of a monogenetic volcano belonging to the Izu Tobu volcanic group which erupted approximately 25,000 years ago.
- Start: Nanadaru Visitor CenterMizu-daru Bus stopTour of Kawazu Nanadaru Waterfalls(Kama-daru, Ebi-daru, Hebi-daru, Shokei-daru, Kani-daru, Deai-daru, O-daru)Nanadaru Visitor Center：goal
- Walk about 1.5km (cumulative altitude 160m)
- Time required
- About 2 hours 30 minutes
- Meeting place
- Nanadaru Visitor Center
Dismissing：Nanadaru Visitor Center
Seven waterfalls made of lava flow. You will enjoy spectacular views of the different shapes of pillar-like rocks called "columnar joints". After walking along the trail with clear streams and beautiful varied landscapes, you will surely feel refreshed both in body and mind.
Start: Nanadaru Visitor Center
"Kawazu Nanadaru Visitor Center" is located in Kawazu Nanadaru Tourist Center.
It is a powerful waterfall where the lava flowed from Noboriominami Volcano created. Rocks shaped like pillars can be seen in the lava. This is called "columnar joint" which became a columnar shape due to cold contraction of lava.
It is named after the shape of the waterfalls flow that resembles the shrimp's tail. Unlike the other 6 waterfalls, which were from a lava flow from Noboriominami Volcano, Ebi-daru Falls were created from the strata of ancient submarine volcanoes. Therefore it is the only waterfalls where you can not see columnar joints.
From the fact that the pattern of the neighboring rocks look like a snake scales, it was named Hebi-daru (Snake waterfalls).
With a height of about 10 meters and a width of about 7 meters, the white flow of the waterfalls and the bronze statue of "Izu dancer and I" harmonize well in nature.
A small waterfall that flows quietly in a beautiful mountain stream. It is said that it was named "crab waterfalls" because the swelling of columnar joints cut by the water current beside the waterfalls looks like a crab's shell.
The two streams join each other here and formed into a flow of a waterfall. You will be impressed with the crystal clear water of the stream. The lava flow of Noboriominami Volcano created beautiful columnar joints on both sides of the waterfalls.
O-daru Falls, the largest waterfalls in the downstream part of the Nanadaru Waterfalls, is 30 meters in height, 7 meters in width. You can see beautiful columnar joints on the cliffs. A hot spring springs out at the side of the waterfalls and is used as an open-air bath.
- Entry fee
- Adult: 1,500yen Elementary and middle school student: 750 yen
A separate bus fee will be required.
- Number of participants
- 2 to 10 people
- Please reserve one week in advance.
- What to wear and bring
- Walking clothes, footwear, hat, rain gear, drinks, etc.
- Canceled in case of heavy rain or storm
Cancellation on the day will be fully charged.
- Izu Peninsula Geo Guide Association